Friday, July 11, 2008

Well I am sitting here in Alaska in the middle of no where at my Aunt and Uncle's fishing lodge. Isn't technology great. They flew me out in a Cesna 206 landing on a grvel air strip right next to there lake. They put me up in my own cabin right off the lake complete with two bedrooms one bath and a living room. Pretty kick ass. Planes come in and out of here like a downtown parking garage, both on and off the water. It worked out pretty well, I had to drop the bike off at The Cycle Shop in Anchorage for a new chain and sprockets, oil change and to see if they could do something about my bent right bar that is giving my wrist and shoulder some grief. There lodge is off the hook, just amazing!!! I sent Lisa my card out of my camera so she will have some pics by tomorrow of my trip up the Dalton Hwy. For all of you Ducati people out there before she post any pics I wanted to warn you all that they are not for the weak stomach type. The bike looks pretty bad in quite a few of them. But I am having a blast and I wouldn't change anything. This state is so big that pictures really don't do it any justice at all. It really is an incredible place, it's probably a good thing that Canada is in between, otherwise it would be way to easy to come visit. Just so you all know other then the way the bike looks it is running like a swiss watch!! The guys at the Cycle Shop couldn't believe she had over 67,000 on her. Another 3,000 home and it should put us over the 70,000 mark. I have racked up about 4,000 or so right now. A big thanks to Lisa for taking care of this for me, I really apreciate it. Well I am off so I will chat with you later! Oh and if Mark is reading I will be calling you tomorrow.

3 comments:

cg said...

Now I am REALLY jealous. What an adventure. Enjoy and say hi to Becky and Duke. Safe travels all the way home, my son.

I hope to see you while I am over on the West side the next two weeks.

Blessings. mom

Lisa said...

It's about time you start blogin =) Miss you and love you very much! Take care baby!

Anonymous said...

Love you brother. Sounds like you are having an awesome adventure...something that is the once in a lifetime kind of trip. Good thing Mom is such a prayer warrior...I think my heart almoststopped a couple times reading about your adventrues. LOL

BIG HUGS and have a safe trip home.