Saturday, July 5, 2008

Pictures Coming Soon! "Updated"

Well it sounds like I will be able to add some pics to Nathan's blog soon. He is sending his laptop home with 4+ days of pictures he uploaded to it. He had stored his laptop in one of his saddle bags, wrapped up in a sweatshirt. It had proceeded to ware a hole in the sweatshirt, saddle bag and of course the laptop encountered a bit of waring as well. Less weight to carry the better!

Nathan made it to Fairbanks where he had met a really nice couple who took him to a BBQ and let him camp out in their front yard. He said that they had some great stories about the people they have met, including one guy who was walking down his driveway with an axe...lol No worries, the guy had one up on him, pulling out his riffle and chasing the guy back down his driveway. Nathan thanked them saying that no one you meet on the street in Seattle would have been so giving. He told them if anything you would get directions and a good luck. Nathan's story reminded me of Zach's stories and how many people he had met on his adventures. Put a smile on my face.

He will be heading off today, making his way closer and closer to Prudhoe Bay. He should be arriving in Deadhorse (the town near Prudhoe Bay) tonight or tomorrow. I can only imagine how he must be feeling right now. Nice work baby!

2 comments:

cg said...

I'm so proud of you. Thanks so much for the text message telling me you had arrived in Prudhoe Bay.
I just fell down weeping. I have been with you in my heart every step of the way, night and day.

You are the MAN, son. I will continue on in prayer for your safe travels home.

Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug.

mom

Anonymous said...

Zach is with you all the way. The pictures you took of the Duc, are amazing. The angles you took the pictures at remind me of the pictures I have seen Zach take of his bike in various places. The bike has a major presence. You are very lucky to have it and to be on your journey. I hope laying his ashes to rest will help everyone close to Zach heal. I don't think he would want you to be sad. I'm sure he would want you riding for him. How totally emotional. I hope you have a couple days to re-coop after you get back. I have a feeling you will be exhausted emotionally, and physically. Hug your wife, what a gal cheering you on and keeping this blog updated. Peace!

Jaime K.