Thursday, July 17, 2008

Well everyone, I am home! What a trip this one has been. It's funny, I have done nothing but think about this trip for the last year strait and now it's over. I have to go back to work and all the daily things that go on in ones life and I feel wierd that it's over. I am so glad Zach and I finaly made it to the ocean but I am sad that will be the last ride together. I miss my rideing partner so much, it was very strange to leave by myself and ride off into the unknown like that. It's funny how you get so used to someone being there all the time and then they are gone and makes your life so very hard to do the thing you love to do so much. But I noticed on my trip how much he has affected me. I met so many strangers along the way and I had no problem just warming right up to them and in turn I made some new friends. Pretty cool how a couple of bikes and some good people can come together from thousands of miles away. Normally he would be right there next me making me laugh the entire way or go way out of my way to hit the twisty road. Not to mention keeping me motivated, it's hard to stay motivated by yourself. Luckly for me my phone worked most of the way and my loving wife did what she could to keep me going. Thanks baby!!! So if you all give me a couple of days I will break the trip down by day and update this thing proper like. I want to thank Lisa and Chris for giving me the time to do this and supporting me all the way. To Paul and Mike for camping with me in Destruction Bay, to the Sikmo's for making my first day in Alaska graet, to my Aunt and Uncle for flying me out to your lodge and letting me hang out for a couple of days. To Mark and Comet for taking me in and showing me around Anchorage, and to all the other wonderful people I met along the way. I had a great time in your state and will be back someday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, that made me cry. I am glad you had a good time on your trip. I am so proud of you for talking to people and making friends. I still remember you yelling at me in the bar last time I was up for talking to the people at the pool table next to us..."Tracy, we don't do that in Washington."

BIG HUGS BROTHER!!!! Way to go!!!!